Scroll-free Turning process is a very fast one
The Scroll-free Turning process is totally different to conventional turning work, as the Scroll-free Turning tool carries out a rolling motion, whereby the cutting edge of an inclined CBN wheel moves over the rotating workpiece and the cutting speed is generated by the workpiece rotation.
With the movements of tool and workpiece overlaid, the contact point of the cutting edge continuously moves along the component surface. This is ideal for the cutting edge; but the load bearing influences are very different to those experienced with conventional turning operations, with the influence of passive forces being noticeably greater.
The Scroll-free Turning process is a very fast one – about 5 to 6 times faster than that of previously known hard turning processes and 2 to 3 times that of grinding, resulting in exceptional surface finishes without any trace of scoring.
- Noticeable reduction in processing time compared to hard turning or grinding
- Functional surfaces can be machined without scoring (roughness in the region of Ra = 0.6 µm)
- Possible to use as a finishing operation or as part of a process combination
- Used in combination with grinding, machining times for bores can be drastically reduced
- Hard and soft machining possible with EMAG technologies
- Ideal for applications with gear shafts, bell housings and bore holes (also for steel and aluminum)