- Module range: mm 0.2 - 2.5
- Workpiece dia., max.: 100 mm | 4 in
- Workpiece length, max.: 1,000 mm | 39.5 in
Unique Gearing Solutions for Long Motor Shafts
These sturdy, state-of-the-art hobbing machine are capable of machining long parts, such as pinions and shafts up to 1000 mm long with weights up to 25 kgs. If your operation is looking to replace aging manual hobbing machines, this multi-axis machine is worth considering.
Horizontal Gear Hobbing Machines: KOEPFER K 160 Longbed and Longbed XL
KOEPFER K 160 Longbed Horizontal Gear Hobbing Machine comes with:
- Direct-driven, high-performance drives
- Up to 15 programmable axes
- Horizontally positioned, automatic loading and unloading
Perfect for Job Shops!
- Setup programming for different workpiece geometries is easy and fast – often in less than 15-20 minutes.
- Conversational and block programming modules are available.
- Axes’ positions as well as automation movements are stored for each workpiece, making repetitive tasks easy and precise.
- No matter whether running small or large batches, this machine holds the “size” to the micron. Since it is not subject to a “warm-up” curve, no adjustments are necessary.
- Additional automation options including “lights out” capabilities are available.
- Automatic loading is standard. Avoid manual loading.
- Reduced hobbing times – see savings between 50-70% compared with previous cycle times.
- The K 160 Longbed offers the highest versatility and flexibility for different workpieces.
- It provides fast and easy setup and changeover for a huge range of shafts.
- Take advantage of higher production output due to higher machine uptime.
- Longer tool life can be expected due to the rigid machine concept.
|Module range||mm||0.2 - 2.5|
|Workpiece dia., max.|| mm |
| 100 |
|Workpiece length, max.|| mm |
| 1,000 |
The Right Manufacturing Solution for Every Workpiece
Precision manufacturing of differential pinions places high demands on CNC turning centers and the automation of the manufacturing system. The differential pinion is manufactured in two separate…
Machining from raw blank to finished gear– a process that used to take several departments within a shop using multiple experienced operators. Now this process can be done with a pair of digitally…
The increasing number of automobile gears, especially as automatic transmissions are developed with 10-gear systems, allow cars to run for longer periods of time within optimal rpm ranges, thus…
These days, power steering systems are standard in all cars. It is the reason why the steering pinion that transfers the movement of the steering wheel to the steering system’s gear shaft is produced…