- Workpiece dia., max.: 130 mm | 5 in
- Workpiece length, max.: 80 mm | 3 in
- Chuck dia., max.: 160 mm | 6.5 in
Multi-Spindle Machines – VSC 160 TWIN
The VSC 160 TWIN automatic lathes are high-performance, high-precision vertical multi-spindle machines for mass production, simultaneously machining two workpieces. The VSC 160 TWIN series of automatic lathes combine high-yield production with a small footprint.
EMAG VSC 160 TWIN multi-spindle machines ensure workpiece diameter and length can be corrected for each spindle individually – a requirement for achieving the kind of precision demanded by today’s production environment.
VSC 160 TWIN Automatic Lathes – Twice the Components from the Same Footprint
The TWIN-type automatic lathes are used to simultaneously machine large batches of workpiece pairs with identical operating cycles on a minimum footprint. A single machining area features two work spindles and the overhead slides of these automatic lathes are separate entities. Both slides and their spindles feature separate X- and Z-axis drives and separate measuring systems with linear scales in all axes.
- Every machine is a manufacturing cell that utilizes the pick-up spindle to load itself
- Extremely short loading and unloading times
- Multi-functional production center: turning, drilling, milling, grinding, gear cutting, laser application and other processes
- The workpiece travels while the tooling systems remain stationary offering ideal chip flow conditions, as the tools are located below the workpiece (also ideal for dry machining)
- The hydro-static bearings of the work spindle in Z-axis guarantee outstanding component quality and an extended tool life for soft and hard machining
- All machine assemblies with a bearing on accuracy are fluid-cooled
- Safe, no-wear, maintenance-free machining area envelope
|Workpiece dia., max.|| mm |
| 130 |
|Workpiece length, max.|| mm |
| 80 |
|Chuck dia., max.|| mm |
| 160 |
|Swing diameter|| mm |
| 180 |
|Z-axis travel|| mm |
| 160 |
The Right Manufacturing Solution for Every Workpiece
The components of CV joints, such as outer race, articulated cages and inner races demand a lot out of machine tools. EMAG offers a wide range of manufacturing solutions for efficient production.
For the production of injector bodies, EMAG offers turning centers for soft machining by chipping, induction hardening machines by eldec, and electro-chemical machining centers for deburring or inner…