Practical Training: Gear Hobbing
Basic course in gear cutting
You will receive a practical insight into the different machining processes and applications based on the subject of gear cutting.
Fundamentals of gear cutting
- Basic terms and nomenclature
- Gear cutting methods
The gear hobbing process
- Process kinematics and orientation of axes
- Hob geometry and profiles
- Substrates and coatings
- Tool maintenance
- Why skiving?
- Functional principle
- Conditions and application examples
4 Cycle time calculation
- Fundamentals of cycle time calculation
- Practical examples, sample calculations
5 Gear hobbing machines
- Requirements for gear hobbing machines
- Basic construction
- Drive technology
- Chucking systems on gear hobbing machines
6 Wet or dry machining
- Dry gear hobbing – a look back
- Reasons for dry machining
- Process design, cutting speed
- Process optimization with example calculation
- Cost-per-part calculation
- Potential at a glance
- Gear standards
- Inspecting gear components
- Measuring tooth profiles
- Measuring tooth width, ball and pin size
- Measuring with dual-flank rolling test
- Measuring individual errors
- Strategic workpieces and machining examples
EMAG Köpfer, Siederstraße 49, 78054 Villingen-Schwenningen
Participants need to be familiar with the fundamentals of defined machining techniques for edge cutting.
In case of the non-achievement of the minimum number of 3 participants we reserve the right to shift the appointment of this Seminar.
Invitation from EMAG Koepfer GmbH "come together"
Cafe Restaurant VAU