HG 2 – the efficient solution for the cylindrical grinding of shafts
The quality requirements for ground components in particular are increasing all the time. In addition to that, process integrity is also a highly important criterion in cylindrical grinding.
The horizontal cylindrical grinder HG 2 from EMAG takes into account all the requirements that need to be met with the cylindrical grinding process. The thermostable cast iron base of the cylindrical grinder HG 2 carries the compound slide and is of high static and dynamic rigidity. The sturdy compound table design reduces the footprint and saves on expensive floor space. It also makes the exchange of grinding wheels easier. The HG 2 is equipped with precision ball screws. In combination with absolute measuring systems in X- and Z-axis (glass scales) this guarantees greatest precision in cylindrical grinding. The machine is separated from its envelope and the automation equipment to ensure that vibrations have no adverse influence on the cylindrical grinding process. NC tailstock and integrated automation ensure the cylindrical grinding machine is flexible enough to accommodate a variety of workpieces. It is thus possible to machine different shafts and workpiece variants on a single cylindrical grinder using cylindrical grinding technology. Anti-friction bearing-supported guideways in all linear axes allow for the tiniest infeeds with excellent continuity of all movements.
The stick-slip free, well dampened infeeds result in outstanding contour accuracy and exceptional surface finishes in the application of the cylindrical grinding technology.
|Workpiece diameter, max.|| mm|
| 200 |
|Workpiece length, max.|| mm|
| 400 |
|X-axis travel|| mm|
| 360 |
|Z-axis travel|| mm|
| 1,000 |
- Large doors give optimal access, thus reducing the distance between operator and workpiece
- An operator-friendly workpiece error correction system automatically rectifies dimensional errors
- Short idle times lead to high productivity levels
- An NC tailstock with large stroke makes for easy resetting
- Absolute measuring systems (linear glass scales) in all axes ensure machining accuracy
- High-precision, sturdy linear roller guiderails in all axes guarantee the longevity of the machine
- Operator and setter menus simplify handling
- An in-process gauging control checks O/Ds and the longitudinal position on shoulders
- A contact and crash recognition and wheel balancing system monitors the grinding process
- A high-powered wheel drive shortens machining times