- Workpiece dia., max.: 400 mm | 15.5 in
- Workpiece length, max.: 300 mm | 12 in
- Chuck dia., max.: 500 mm | 19.5 in
VLC 400 Vertical Turning Machine for the Productive Machining of Large Chucked Parts
The VLC 400 is a vertical turning machine that offers great versatility for the manufacture of chucked parts thanks to its modular structure and the many technologies to choose from. It allows machining of chucked parts up to 400 mm in diameter.
VLC 400 – The Vertical Production Lathe for Large Chucked Parts
The VLC 400 vertical pick-up turning machine gives the user nearly unlimited equipping options with machining technologies. Whether turning or milling, drilling or grinding – the user has access to the wide technology portfolio of the EMAG Group. This makes it possible to realize even complex manufacturing objectives using one or more machines from the VLC series. The largest machine in the VLC series, the VLC 400 is designed for chucked parts up to 400 mm in diameter.
The core of the VLC vertical turning machine is a base made from Mineralit® polymer concrete. It ensures low-vibration machining for long tool lifetimes and very high machining quality. High productivity and short chip-to-chip times are the result of the machine's top power combined with the pick-up function of the drive spindle. With this function the machine loads itself, taking parts from the integrated conveyor belt (likewise fully configurable) and feeding them into the machining area.
The working spindles have an especially high rigidity: Short distances between bearings, high-precision separable bearings in a tandem-O-tandem arrangement, and support bearings at the spindle end permit turning processes with micrometer accuracy.
A measuring probe is also available, allowing an inspection process to be integrated into the machining sequence. The measuring probe is installed outside the machining area of the turning machines and checks the workpiece while it is still clamped. Consistently high quality is thus ensured for high-volume production runs.
- Machining of chucked parts with a standardized machine concept
- Small footprint (chaku-chaku or close linear arrangement) for reduced floor space costs with multiple options for machine positioning
- Option of simple interlinking via central infeeding and outfeeding conveyors and pick-and-place/turnover units with flexibility for the future, lower automation costs, and shorter tooling times
- Integrated automation with no additional costs (interfaces, etc.)
- Short distances for part transport optimally minimize non-productive times
- Common parts strategy and spare parts management for low life cycle costs
- User-friendliness (easily accessible machining area) offers faster setup, safe operation and the option of compact alternative layouts
- High energy efficiency for lower energy costs
|Workpiece dia., max.|| mm |
| 400 |
|Workpiece length, max.|| mm |
| 300 |
|Chuck dia., max.|| mm |
| 500 |
|Swing diameter|| mm |
| 520 |
|X-axis travel|| mm |
| 995 |
|Y-axis travel (optional)|| mm |
| ± 30 |
|Z-axis travel|| mm |
| 580 |
Complete Manufacturing Lines or Automation Systems from EMAG
Bin Picking Automation
Bin picking, or "reaching into the box,” is a technology in which a robotic arm uses a 3D sensor system (3D camera, scanner, ...) to remove workpieces in a chaotic position from a mesh box or similar.…
SCS Stacking Cell
Highly productive production in a confined space – this is what is promised by the new stacking cells of the SCS series in combination with the vertical turning center from EMAG.
Whether for the…
With the TrackMotion automation system, a ”TransLift” unit runs through the machines on a rail system (track). Functions of the TransLift include picking up and placing parts with different heights,…