VLC 100 IH – "induction hardening" technology transforms these modular machines into hardening machines
The VLC 100 IH hardening machine with "induction hardening" technology is based, as the name suggests, on the VLC 100 modular machine type. The EMAG vertical-lean-customized series has a very compact design and is built on a machine base made of Mineralit® polymer concrete. Other design features include the customizable side-mounted part storage unit, and the self-loading pick-up automation system that minimizesnon-productive time.
The automatic loading of the machine also ensures an optimum clamping operation of the workpiece, and contributes to the high quality of induction hardening.
Induction hardening requires a defined distance of the workpiece from the inductor in order to guarantee the best results and quality. In order to ensure high quality every time, EMAG’s pick-up process achieves this optimum distance for each workpieceon the hardening machine.
The VLC 100 IH can be equipped with a wide range of generators for induction hardening. Both the generators and the inductors are developed and built by EMAG eldec Induction GmbH, which allows perfect adaptation to every workpiece and the best induction hardening results.
|Workpiece dia., max.|| mm|
| 120 |
|Workpiece length, max.|| mm|
| 200 |
|X-axis travel|| mm|
| 500 |
|Z1-axis travel|| mm|
| 375 |
|Z2-axis travel (axis for coax transformer)|| mm|
| 150 |
|Workpiece weight, max.|| kg|
| 5 |
|Control unit||Siemens 840D|
- Modular, compact design allows individual hardening solutions by induction hardening
- The degree of automation is customizable—from manual loading to automatic mass production
- All components are supplied by the EMAG Group which guarantee optimum quality and availability
- Wide range of generators available for induction hardening and induction heating
- Induction heating only takes a few seconds – very short cycle times
- Pick-up automation minimizes non-productive times
- Automatic loading ensures consistent workpiece clamping forces, and ensures the best results for induction hardening
- Hardening machine with small footprint, minimizing space costs
- Ideal option of interlinking the hardening machines with other modular machines by EMAG
- Hardening machine is ideal for induction hardening in line production