- Chuck dia., max.: 500 mm | 19.5 in
- Swing diameter: 820 mm | 32.5 in
- Power rating of main drive unit: 110 kW | 147.5 hp
Large Parts – Maximum Efficiency – Machining Centers
Machining centers are used by a range of various manufacturers. Whether in wind turbine construction, commercial vehicle production or train engineering, the challenges that the machining centers are facing are massive, with large, heavy components that must be machined safely and with the highest precision.
The multi-functional VLC machining centers from EMAG are based on a completely vertical machining process with a single clamping operation. The large component is collected by a pick-up spindle and machined on all sides. Up to 96 tools are available for turning, drilling, milling, grinding and more. VLC Machining Centers – Maximum efficiency for large Parts.
The Machining Centers VLC 500 MT: multi-functional, flexible, sturdy
The powerful milling spindle that is integrated in the Y- / B-axis on the machining centers VLC 500 MT supports heavy milling and boring operations. The optional tool magazine, with up to 96 slots, can be loaded while machining, reducing setup time of the machining centers and allowing the use of sister tools.
The proven EMAG turret, with up to 12 slots, is also available for turning operations on the machining centers.
- Multi-functional: Turning, drilling, milling and grinding in a single system
- Complete: Machining in a single clamping operation
- Sturdy: Vibration dampening and thermal stability thanks to machine baseand compound slide made of MINERALIT® polymer concrete
- Safe: Thanks to integrated measuring system
- Flexible: Standardized automation modules ensure high flexibility
- Intelligent: Vertical design ‒ ideal downward chip flow conditions
- Simple: Easier operation thanks to user comfort and very good accessibility
- Compact: Small footprint due to compact design
|Chuck dia., max.|| mm |
| 500 |
|Swing diameter|| mm |
| 820 |
|Power rating of main drive unit|| kW |
| 110 |
|Torque, max.|| Nm |
| 1,300 |
|Rapid-traverse rate X / Z|| m/min |
| 45 / 20 |
1,772 / 787.5