Turn-key welding system for the laser welding of differential gear housings
The ELC 250 DUO laser welding system, developed and built by EMAG Automation, has a consistent focus on productivity. The dual-spindle construction of the laser welding system, combined with the characteristic EMAG pick-up principle of self-loading spindles, allows for fully automated use of the laser welding machine both as a stand-alone machine as well as in a production line.
The use of pick-up spindles offers various advantages: Firstly, this principle allows for the use of fixed lenses since it is the workpiece that moves, not the tool. Furthermore, it allows for a parallel cycle time for loading and unloading, reducing idle times. The safety advantages resulting from the fixed lenses are not to be underestimated. The lasers are always directed toward the inside of the machine, which guarantees optimum protection for the user. The optimal beam guidance resulting from this and the selective extraction prevents contamination of the lenses during the welding process.
The ELC 250 DUO laser welding system can be equipped with the latest laser technology depending on the requirements of the component and the customer's specifications. It should be noted that although the process takes place at two stations in the ELC 250 DUO, only one laser source is necessary. The laser beam is simply switched back and forth between both welding stations. The laser's switching between the focusing optics is controlled by a beam switch. The occupancy rate for the laser is therefore optimized, increasing productivity during laser welding.
- Extensive integration of workhandling and laser-welding reduces the number of machining operations in the production process
- A CNC mating press joins synchro and gearwheel
- The joining process is monitored by an integrated force/stroke monitor
- Magnetic preheating of demanding components (without adverse effect on the cycle time)
- Optimized workholding technology reduces distortion of the synchro
- The use of state-of-the-art CO2 lasers with the best beam quality results in perfect welding seams
- All quality-defining parameters are NC-controlled and can be reproduced at any time
- To safeguard your production actual values are monitored
- Can be integrated into any automation system
- The space-saving, compact design reduces the installation effort and increases reliability
- High productivity due to short idle times and fast, safe set-ups