EMAG’s Standard Modular Vertical Turning Solutions for chucked and shaft like components continue to gain market share within North America.
For years EMAG has continued to develop and invest in new technologies that make them the leading OEM of Manufacturing Systems for Precision Metal Components. We’ve become known world-wide for our Vertical Turning technology along with our ability to provide complete process chains to the world’s leading Automotive OEM. We’ve become the prominent leader in gear box, engines, and chassis solutions within the automotive industry but can also provide solutions within Energy, Aerospace, Agriculture, Construction and Oil Field.
Standard Modular Turning Machines for Chucked and Shaft Components
In 2013 EMAG launched their Standard Modular Vertical Turning platforms with the introduction of their VL and VT series for the production of chucked & shaft like components. The VL series can handle components ranging in diameter from Ø30mm – Ø400mm. The VL series utilizes the same self-loading and unloading principle via the work head (X and Z axis) as our original VSC series introduced nearly 25 year ago. The machines come equipped with X, Z, & C axis with an optional Y for the machining of complex geometries. The VT series is a twin turret four-axis lathe for the production of shaft like components up to 1,000mm in overall length. This series also has an optional Y axis for the implementation of our proven skiving technology, which provides lead free surfaces. Both the VL and VT series are capable of hard turning.
With the introduction of our Standard Modular Series, we now utilize standard top quality components, in lieu of customer required components, which ultimately creates a customized solution while also increasing the cost of the investment. The machines within the Standard Modular Series utilize Fanuc CNC & PMC, Bosch Hydraulics, Festo Air Valves and Grundfoss pumps as standard options. By standardizing on top quality components EMAG has been able reduce costs which allow for a much quicker ROI, all while maintaining the high level of quality we’ve become known for within the machine tool market. EMAG often reduces machine count through operation consolidation allowing for fewer operators, less floor space, and greater power savings. This adds up to a huge savings that just can’t be ignored.
- Consistent vertical model families with modular design ensure a large range of versions
- Ideal for medium and high production
- Every machine features all automation and handling technologies
- Designed for manual loading but also easy to automate
- Smaller footprints (chaku-chaku) = reduced floor space
- Easier to link existing machine with central feeding and discharge belts, pick-n-place, lower automation costs, shorter retool times
- Machines come equipped with integrated automation, no additional costs necessary
- Short transport distances between machines = optimization of idle times
- Common parts strategy, standard spare parts warehousing = lower maintenance
- Ease of operation (extremely accessible machining area) = quicker changeover times
- High energy efficiency = reduction in energy costs
Author: Mike Rose, Key Account Manager, EMAG L.L.C.