Data Privacy - ServicePlus App
1.General information on data protection
1.1This Data Protection Declaration applies to the use of EMAG’s ServicePlus App (hereinafter referred to as the “App”). The App is provided by EMAG GmbH & Co. KG, Austraße 24, D-73084 Salach (hereinafter referred to as “EMAG”).
1.2As part of your use of the App and services complementary to the App (e.g., the service hotline for support), you consent to EMAG and/or any other company in the EMAG Group as well as any service providers contracted by EMAG and/or any other company in the EMAG Group collecting, processing and/or using your personal data.
1.3Protecting your personal data is important to EMAG, in particular protecting your personal rights when EMAG processes and uses your personal data. Personal data is collected, processed, and used in compliance with the relevant legal provisions including, but not limited to, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Telemediengesetz (Telemedia Act of Germany, TMG) and the Bundesdatenschutzgesetz (Federal Data Protection Act, BDSG).
2.Automated data collection and processing by the App
2.1As part of your use of the App, the following information is saved automatically and temporarily on server log files:
- the IP address of the device from which the inquiry is sent;
- the file inquired about through the device;
- the http response code;
- the time the inquiry was sent; and
- the operating system used by the device sending the inquiry.
2.2In addition, the time of login and the time the inquiry was sent are saved in a separate log file together with the user ID. Evaluations are conducted for administrative purposes only and include, but are not limited to, preventing misuse of the App and the services offered through the App. The information is not used in any other way.
3.Collection and processing of data provided on a voluntary basis
3.1All personal data provided (last name, first name, e-mail or postal address) by you to EMAG via the App is provided on a voluntary basis. EMAG uses this data to manage its relationship with you and to process your inquiries.
4.Transmission to third parties
4.1No personal data provided to EMAG will be transmitted to any third party, except
- to the extent you consent to such transmission;
- if necessary to process your inquiry, due to the nature of your inquiry, in which case your personal data will be transmitted to and processed by the following companies: EMAG Salach GmbH; EMAG Holding GmbH; EMAG Maschinenfabrik GmbH; EMAG Leipzig Maschinenfabrik GmbH; EMAG Automation GmbH; EMAG ECM GmbH; Werkzeugmaschinenfabrik Zerbst GmbH; Blechverarbeitung & Montage Zerbst GmbH; EMAG KOEPFER GmbH; NODIER EMAG Industrie S.A.S.; ZETA EMAG S.R.L.; EMAG L.L.C.; EMAG ELDEC Induction GmbH; EMAG (China) Machinery Co. Ltd.; EMAG KOREA Ltd.; Maquinaria EMAG Mexico S de RL de CV; EMAG do Brasil Maquinas; Ferramentas; Comercio e Servicos Ltda.; TAKAMAZ-EMAG Co. Ltd. – Japan; EMAG INDIA Pvt. Ltd. – Bangalore; EMAG (China) Machinery Co., Ltd Taicang Branch; EMAG (Chongqing) Machinery Co., Ltd; EMAG OOO – Moscow; EMAG UK Ltd.; eldec L.L.C.; EMAG MAQUINAS HERRAMIENTA S.L. - Spain. These companies only will be provided with and only will use personal data required to process the order;
- to service providers as part of contract data procession, subject to the provisions of the BDSG or the GDPR, and/or
- to parties authorized to provide such information, in compliance with legal obligations.
5.Your right to obtain information
5.1At your request provided to us in writing or by e-mail, we will inform you at no charge about the personal data we have obtained and saved as part of your use of the App. Please send any such written request to EMAG GmbH & Co. KG, Austraße 24, D-73084 Salach or to service.serviceplusappnoSpam@emag.com.
5.2 In addition, according to the law you have the right to have your personal data corrected, blocked, and/or deleted.