Laser welding machine for high-productivity manufacturing
The ELC 160 is a modular laser welding machine that can be configured to suit a large variety of applications. At the heart of the laser welding machine ELC 160 is a 3-axis NC machining module. The process modules are mounted stationary on the base. The different workpieces – such as synchronizing wheels and gears – are loaded into the spindle and moved from machining station to machining station. The process modules, fixed to the machine base, machine the component. Depending on the desired output rate, the laser welding machine ELC 160 can also be supplied in a DUO or TRIO version. As the machining stations can be used independently of each other, this allows for simultaneous production of different components.
Technological flexibility on the laser welding machine ELC 160
The laser welding machine ELC 160 allows for the use of any of the common laser technologies – whether you are using a CO2 laser or fiber-guided laser systems (fiber, discs).
- Extensive integration of workhandling and laser-welding reduces the number of machining operations in the production process
- A CNC mating press joins synchro and gearwheel
- The joining process is monitored by an integrated force / stroke monitor
- Magnetic preheating of demanding components (without adverse effect on the cycle time)
- Optimized workholding technology reduces distortion of the synchro
- The use of state-of-the-art CO2 lasers with the best beam quality results in perfect welding seams
- All quality-defining parameters are NC-controlled and can be reproduced at any time
- To safeguard your production actual values are monitored
- Can be integrated into any automation system
- The space-saving, compact design reduces the installation effort and increases reliability
- High productivity due to short idle times and fast, safe set-ups