Precise Manufacturing of CV Joints – Focus on: Outer Races
The production of outer races is demanding on both the machine and the machining technology. Excellent quality for the ball tracks, tight tolerances in turning operations, and high volumes are required. To meet these demands, EMAG offers optimized manufacturing systems for the production of CV joint workpieces such as outer races, inner races and cages. These manufacturing processes are customized to each individual customer’s workpieces, which guarantees high productivity and availability.
Outer Race Machining
The machines of the VSC series are designed for the highly productive manufacturing of outer races. By combining the turning and milling machining operations, the outer races are completely machined in one clamping operation. The twin-spindle design ensures outstanding productivity.
Solutions for Outer Race Variants:
- Outer race processing – Fixed joint
- Outer race processing – Sliding joint
- Internal soft turning of outer races
- Soft milling of ball tracks
- Internal hard turning of outer races
- Hard milling of ball tracks
- The double-wall construction (gantry design) of the machine ensures outstanding stability. The machine base is created with thermally stable polymer concrete
- Both soft and hard machining can be done with just one machine
- Hard turning and hard milling in a single machine; full internal machining in one clamping operation = no clamping errors
- Fully automatic production, easy machine integration into production systems
- Customized design of the entire production system: both single-spindle and twin-spindle available
Process Chain for Outer Race Machining
Process chain for outer race machining
Outer Race Manufacturing Systems from EMAG!
Complete manufacturing systems for the production of outer races