- Workpiece dia., max.: 500 mm | 19.5 in
- Workpiece length, max.: 200 mm | 8 in
- Chuck dia., max.: 500 mm | 19.5 in
Automated Production Lathe for Heavy-Duty Machining
Where large, heavy workpieces have to be machined, the manual loading of horizontal lathes is very time-consuming and can also be very costly if loading gantries are used.
The advantages of the VSC 500 vertical lathe become particularly obvious in the machining of large workpieces, especially when such components not only have to be turned, but also drilled/bored, countersunk, reamed and threads, milled, with keyways or other features added. For such requirements the VSC 500 production machine offers complete-machining in a single setup.
Large Workpieces Efficiently Machined on the Automated VSC 500 Lathe
The VSC 500 features an exceptionally robust construction and features a main drive with a power rating of up to 71 kW and a max torque of 750 Nm. Very compact as well, the lathe features a length of just 4 m and a width of just 1.96 m, creating a floor space requirement (without auxiliary equipment) of just under 8 m².
The front wall of the machine features the permanently fixed, and therefore very sturdy, 12-station turret for stationary turning and driven drilling / milling tools.
- Every machine is a production cell that utilizes its pick-up spindle to load itself
- Short machining travel times and short workhandling times
- Multifunctional production tool: turning, drilling, milling, grinding and other processes
- The workpiece travels while the tooling systems remain stationary
- Ideal chip flow conditions because the tools are located below the workpiece
- The work spindle with a hydro-static guideway in Z-axis (optional) ensures outstanding component quality and a high tool life for soft and hard machining operations
- All accuracy defining machine assemblies are fluid-cooled
- Safe, wear resistant, maintenance-free machining area envelope
- Dry machining is easy with the VSC as the work spindle and tools are ideally positioned for the process
|Workpiece dia., max.|| mm |
| 500 |
|Workpiece length, max.|| mm |
| 200 |
|Chuck dia., max.|| mm |
| 500 |
|Swing diameter|| mm |
| 520 |
|X-axis travel|| mm |
| 1,000 |
|Z-axis travel|| mm |
| 400 |
The Right Manufacturing Solution for Every Workpiece
The boom in the wind power industry is showing no sign of stopping. All around the world, renewable energies are a popular investment vehicle and wind turbines are playing an increasingly important…