Customized solutions for the complete-machining of couplings and tool joints
VSC 400 CM / VSC 400 DUO CM vertical pick-up turning machines completely process coupling sleeves with a nominal diameter of 2 3/8" - 9 5/8".
Precision Coupling Production – High quantities of the highest quality
The cornerstone of the VSC turning machines is a robust machine base of MINERALIT® polymer concrete. The DUO features two separate machining areas, each equipped with an independently programmable overhead slide. Each machining area also features a programmable EMAG disc-type turret, fixed to the front wall. This allows for the two spindles to be allocated to identical or different machining cycles, as required.
A flexible workpiece flow reduces footprint and costs The pick-up spindle allows the turning machines of the VSC series to load themselves. Whether the workpiece is loaded or unloaded from the left or the right, the direction of the workpiece flow – and thus the position of the turning machines in the production line – is customizable. Advantages: smaller footprint and considerably lower link-up costs. Integration into manufacturing systems is guaranteed by the availability of a variety of automation components.
- Every machine is a production cell that utilizes its pick-up spindle to load itself
- Short machining travel times and equally short workhandling times
- The workpiece travels, while the tooling systems remain stationary
- Ideal chip flow conditions, because the tools are located below theworkpiece
- The work spindle with hydro-static guideway in Z-axis (optional) ensures outstanding component quality and a high tool life for soft and hard machining operations
- All accuracy defining machine assemblies are fluid-cooled
- Safe, wear resistant, maintenance free machining area envelope
- Dry machining is easy with the VSC, because work spindle and tools are perfectly positioned
|Chuck dia., max.|| mm |
| 445 |
|Nominal diameter||Inch||2 ⅜ – 9 ⅝|
|X-axis travel|| mm |
| 850 |
|Z-axis travel|| mm |
| 315 |
|Torque, max.|| Nm |
| 1,200 |