V L D U O Line E NDownload
CNC Turning Centers, interlinked by TrackMotion: VL 6 DUO Line for Production of Chucked Parts
The TrackMotion automation system developed by EMAG has been perfectly adapted to the special requirements of serial production and the design of modular CNC turning centers.
The TransLift CNC gripper of the automation system not only replaces infeeding and outfeeding conveyors, but also performs the lifting and flip-over of the part to be processed. The CNC gripper moves along a track that runs directly behind the machining area of each CNC turning center, which allows for the compact design of the entire manufacturing system. It consists of two machines, the automation system, and the configurable part storage unit for blanks and finished parts for loading.
The VL 6 CNC turning center comes standard with a pick-up automation system, i.e. the pick-up spindle removes parts from the integrated part storage unit and feeds them to the machining area of the CNC turning center.
The close arrangement of automation system and machine, and the automatic loading of the CNC turning centers allow for short cycle times.
The VL6 DUO line is therefore ideal for medium to high volume series production. The VL 6 CNC turning center can be fitted with a FANUC or Siemens control unit.
|Chuck dia., max.|| mm|
| 400 |
|X-axis travel|| mm|
| 880 |
|Z-axis travel|| mm|
| 480 |
|Y-axis travel (optional)|| mm|
| ± 30 |
|Main spindle: Power rating at 40 % / 100 % duty cycle|| kW|
| 39 / 28 |
52.5 / 37.5
|Main spindle: Torque at 40 % / 100 % duty cycle|| Nm|
| 460 / 320 |
339.5 / 236
|Main spindle: Speed, max.||rpm||3,100|
|TrackMotion: Workpiece weight (gripper), max.|| kg|
| 40 |
|TrackMotion: Horizontal travel speed|| m/min|
| 150 |
|TrackMotion: Vertical travel speed|| m/min|
| 25 |
|TrackMotion: Stroke in Z (TransLift)|| mm|
| 650 |
- Modular, compact design of CNC turning center and automation system
- VL 6 Vertical turning center with pick-up spindle and part storage unit
- TrackMotion automation system for optimum parts flow between machine 1 and machine 2
- Modular CNC turning centers equipped with optional measuring system
- Part storage unit for up to 400 blanks
- Operation with minimal staff for manufacturing system and single machines
- Machining area of CNC turning center and automation system are easily accessible
- Service units of CNC turning center are accessible at any time
- CNC turning center can also be used as a single machine
- VL 6 with FANUC or Siemens control unit