V L D U O Line E NDownload
VL 2 DUO Line: Vertical Turning Center + Vertical Turning Center + TrackMotion = Maximum Productivity
The VL 2 modular vertical turning center provides the ideal machine base for the VL 2 DUO line, perfect for the manufacturing of chucked parts up to 100 mm in diameter. The vertical turning centers are interlinked by a TrackMotion automation system, specially developed for EMAG modular machines.
To achieve the most compact design for the manufacturing system, the vertical turning centers energy container has been separated from the machine, so that the automation system can be run immediately behind the machining area of the vertical turning centers.
The VL 2 DUO provides the user with two vertical turning centers that are perfectly coordinated with the automation system. The result is a high-productivity manufacturing system for chucked parts, combined with the flexibility of individual vertical turning centers.
This variable system allows for dynamic further development, and optimum adaptability with regard to varying manufacturing situations.
The interlinked vertical turning centers in combination with the TrackMotion automation system and a part storage unit that is accordingly equipped, allow high-productivity manufacturing of medium to high-volume series.
If required, the entire manufacturing system can be expanded by another modular machine, e.g. the vertical VL 4 H hobbing machine, to create a manufacturing system for gear wheels. The vertical turning center can also be used on its own – the modular design of the vertical turning centers and of the automation system keep all your options open.
|Chuck dia., max.|| mm|
| 160 |
|X-axis travel|| mm|
| 700 |
|Z-axis travel|| mm|
| 375 |
|Y-axis travel (optional)|| mm|
| ± 50 |
|Main spindle: Power rating at 40 % / 100 % duty cycle|| kW|
| 18 / 14 |
24 / 19
|Main spindle: Torque at 40 % / 100 % duty cycle|| Nm|
| 77 / 59 |
57 / 43.5
|Main spindle: Speed, max.||rpm||6,000|
|TrackMotion: Workpiece weight (gripper), max.|| kg|
| 5 |
|TrackMotion: Horizontal travel speed|| m/min|
| 150 |
|TrackMotion: Vertical travel speed|| m/min|
| 25 |
|TrackMotion: Stroke in Z (TransLift)|| mm|
| 450 |
- Modular, compact design of vertical CNC turning centers and automation system
- VL 2 vertical turning center with pick-up spindle
- TrackMotion automation system for optimum parts flow between CNC turning centers
- Modular vertical turning centers equipped with optional measuring system
- Part storage unit for up to 400 blanks for autonomous operation of vertical CNC turning centers
- Operation with minimal staff for manufacturing system and individual vertical turning centers
- Machining area of CNC vertical turning centers and automation system are easily accessible
- Service units of CNC vertical turning centers are accessible at any time
- CNC vertical turning center can also be used as a single machine
- Serial production of chucked parts up to 100 mm