VLC 1200 Production Machine – For Parts up to 1200 mm in Diameter and 2000 kg in Weight
Technology integration: turning, boring, milling, grinding, hobbing – all in a single machine.
The VLC 1200 production machine is configured as a rigid turning platform. The pick-up work spindle, with direct drive synchronous motor (no gearbox), provides high power and torque. By using direct drives, even technologies that require a very high degree of control and synchronized characteristics (e.g. grinding or hobbing) can be integrated into production machines.
The integrated A-axis supports helical tooth cutting and the B-axis supports angular plunge grinding.
|Chuck dia., max.|| mm|
| 1,250 |
|Swing diameter|| mm|
| 1,500 |
|X-axis travel|| mm|
| 2,960 |
|Y-axis travel|| mm|
| 200 |
|Z-axis travel|| mm|
| 1,000 |
- Loading and unloading, machining and measuring: all on a single machine
- Complete-machining (with optional Y-axis): integration of turning, grinding and milling technologies
- 6 to 8 times the vibration damping effect of cast iron machine bases with MINERALIT® polymer concrete
- Ideal chip flow conditions, as the tools are located below the workpiece
- The hydro-static bearings of the work spindle in Z-axis guarantee outstanding component quality and an extended tool life for soft and hard machining
- All machine assemblies with a bearing on accuracy are fluid-cooled