Vertical Turning / Milling Machine for the machining of chucked parts up to 630 mm
The vertical turning / milling centers of the VMC 600 MT series are designed for machining chucked parts of up to 630 mm.
The machine base of these turning / milling machines is made of Mineralit® polymer concrete which features particularly good damping properties. The milling spindle is mounted on a compound slide with X- and Z-axes and produces excellent, fast machining results. The workpiece itself is clamped on a bottom-mounted spindle tailored to the machining job to suit the customer’s wish and the machining task. There are various main spindle versions available and the choice of tool magazines for up to 80 tools.
Thanks to the accessibility to the machining area, the machines can be loaded easily by hand or using a crane. They can also be connected to robots or gantry loaders.
|Chuck diameter, max.|| mm|
| 630 |
|Swing diameter over base|| mm|
| 800 |
|Turning diameter, max.|| mm|
| 600 |
|Spindle height (without clamping devices)|| mm|
| 1,040 |
|Spindle flange ISO 702-1||11|
|Workpiece weight, max.|| kg|
| 500 |
|X-axis travel|| mm|
| 645 |
|Z-axis travel|| mm|
| 500 |
- Highly dynamic axes for short idle times and quick machining processes
- All the service units are easy to reach
- Axis monitoring by rotary, indirect absolute encoders. All axes with an optional fully encapsulated linear glass scale
- Generously dimensioned main spindle, maintenance-free spindle motors and rigid guideways
- Machine base made of MINERALIT®, 6 to 8 times better damping properties than gray cast iron