Vertical Turn/Mill Center for machining chucked parts up to 300 mm
The VMC 300 MT Turn/Mill Center expands this machine concept with the turning-milling spindle positioned at the top to form a highly flexible production center.
The machines focus on universality and can be configured to suit almost any customer request. Complete machining using a wide variety of technologies, such as turning, milling and drilling, is a key feature. The VMC MT series offers various tool magazines with up to 80 available tool positions and various spindles to compliment this range.
Tool and Workpiece Check
For consistent quality management and maximum component quality, the VMC 300 MT Turn/Mill Center features several measuring systems. The laser measuring bridge outside the machining area monitors the wear and diameter of the tools and always ensures that the machining process is uninterrupted. Complementary to this, a radio probe, available as an interchangeable system, monitors the quality of the workpieces.
|Chuck diameter, max.|| mm|
| 315 |
|Swing diameter over base|| mm|
| 500 |
|Turning diameter, max.|| mm|
| 300 |
|Spindle height (without clamping devices)|| mm|
| 1,040 |
|Spindle flange ISO 702-1||8|
|Workpiece weight, max.|| kg|
| 300 |
|X-axis travel|| mm|
| 340 |
|Z-axis travel|| mm|
| 480 |
- Maximum productivity: Highly dynamic axes for short idle times and quick machining processes
- User friendly: All the service units are easy to reach
- Maximum performance: Minimized transport distances
- High surface accuracy: Axis monitoring by rotary, indirect absolute encoders. All axes with optional fully encapsulated linear glass scale.
- Ideal for heavy-duty machining: Generously dimensioned main spindle, maintenance-free spindle motors and rigid guideways
- Extended tool life: Machine body made of MINERALIT® with 6 to 8 times better damping properties than gray cast iron