ELC 160 HP: Increased flexibility in joining and laser welding of the control gear and clutch
All machine components are mounted to a central column. A rotary indexing table arranged around this column controls the transport of parts to the respective process stations. Each processing position on the table is provided with its own spindle unit, on which the workpiece is cycled horizontally to its processing positions. Position one is used as the loading and unloading station. Both gantries and robots can be used for loading. The joining station follows after one cycle around the table. The joining station is equipped with three joining stamps that are mounted to a slide, which allows for rapid re-tooling for different part families.
The joining process itself is performed quickly and precisely by a screw spindle drive.Another quarter turn later, the workpiece reaches the processing station for induction pre-heating, if required by the workpiece material. Here as well, several inductors can be installed in order to permit rapid adaptation to different parts. One turn of the indexing table later, the workpiece has reached the core of the machine, the laser welding station. This Station is equipped with a slide unit that has up to three counter bearings in order to ensure automatic re-tooling. The weld head is equipped with an X-axis for the seam position and a Z-axis for adjusting the focal position. All four processes described above run simultaneously, allowing for extremely short cycle times (only a few seconds).
- High-performance laser welding of gear and clutches
- Rotary indexing table for short travel distances and short cycle times
- Laser welding of part families without re-tooling
- High-precision control of the laser beam
- Compact design: The control cabinet (electrical and pneumatic systems, induction generator, etc.) is installed directly next to the machine unit.
- All machining and service units are easily accessible at any time