CASA comprises the following components:
Setup screens and functions allow the operator to set up the machine effectively for new tools and new workpieces.
- Tool management
Tools for the required grinding and dressing can be entered and managed onscreen. Screens with predefined settings assist the operator when entering the workpiece geometry.
- Workpiece programming
The geometric specifications for the pin and center bearings are defined in workpiece programming. The technology can be set and assigned to the relevant bearing graphically via an interactive dialog. A variety of new technologies such as diagonal grinding are available to choose from. The geometry and the technology are linked via the process workflow in workpiece programming, using an interactive graphical interface.
- Roundness measurement
In roundness measurement, the measurements recorded via the gauging control are presented visually and the values for roundness correction are derived from them.
- Position correction
Correction screens make it possible for the operator to easily carry out the required diameter and position corrections on the workpiece.
- Interactive graphical support when setting up the machine
- Interactive and graphical support in programming
- Use of new grinding technologies, such as diagonal grinding
- Dynamic graphical display of the machining process
- Graphical display of measurements, and option of correction when measuring
- Tool management for grinding wheels, dressers, and measuring probes
- Windows 7 or higher
- Siemens Sinumerik Operate
- All EMAG crankshaft grinding machines from YOM 2016