EMAG VSC - Electrical
EMAG L.L.C. USA
Course ID: EL_101_840D
Length: 32 hours
Prerequisites: Experience in Electrical controls and circuits.
This course is intended for personnel who perform Electrical maintenance and repairs on an EMAG machine equipped with a Siemens 840D control. This course will be limited to the machine operation with a minor overview of peripheral devices if applicable.
This course is designed to use a combination of lessons and hands on exercises to meet the objectives and is non invasive to machine electrical assemblies. To enhance the interaction between student and instructor, it is strongly suggested that the course be restricted to a maximum of six (6) students. This will provide the best hands on learning exposure.
Upon completion, the student will be able to:
- Describe the general overview of machine & electrical components
- Describe the CNC and PLC hardware and control components
- Describe and explain specific machine data
- Describe all components of the axes, spindle and turret drives
- Demonstration and explanation of the CNC control and machine control panel
- Demonstration and explanation of the chuck length measuring operations
- Explanation and demonstration of the distanced coded glass scale (if equipped)
- Identify and explain the usage of special switches, function keys, key-operated switches
- Explain the use of the machines cooling unit and its compact controller
- Demonstration of preventive maintenance tasks
- Explanation and demonstration of homing procedures for all used axes
- Overview and discussion of the electrical schematics for the machine
- Troubleshooting using electric schematics, PLC status and the machine fault texts