EMAG VL - Electrical
EMAG L.L.C. USA
Course ID: VL_EL_101_32i
Length: 24 hours
Prerequisites: Experience in Electrical controls and circuits.
This course is intended for personnel who perform Electrical maintenance and repairs on an EMAG machine equipped with a Fanuc 32i CNC control. This course will be limited to the machine operation with a minor overview of peripheral devices if applicable.
This course is designed to use a combination of lessons and hands on exercises to meet the objectives and is non-invasive to machine electrical assemblies. To enhance the interaction between students and instructor, it is strongly suggested that the course be restricted to a maximum of six students. This will provide the best hands on learning exposure.
Upon completion, the student will be able to:
- Describe the general overview of machine & electrical components
- Describe the CNC and PLC hardware and control components
- Describe and explain specific machine data
- Describe all components of the axes, spindle and turret drives
- Demonstrate and explain the CNC control and machine control panel
- Demonstrate and explain the chuck length measuring operations
- Demonstrate and explain the distanced coded glass scale (if equipped)
- Identify and explain the usage of special switches, function keys and key-operated switches
- Explain the use of the machines cooling unit and its compact controller
- Perform preventive maintenance tasks
- Demonstrate and explain homing procedures for all used axes
- Understanding of electrical schematics for the machine
- Troubleshooting using electric schematics, PLC and the machine fault texts