Data Privacy - ServicePlus App
1. General data protection information
1.1 This Privacy Statement applies to use of the EMAG ServicePlus App (“App”). This App is provided by EMAG GmbH & Co. KG, Austraße 24, D-73084 Salach, Germany (hereinafter “EMAG”).
1.2 When you use this App and related services (e.g. if you use the service hotline for support), EMAG, other EMAG Group companies and service providers appointed by them may collect, process and use personal data. Personal data means any data that relates to you personally, i.e. data that can be used to identify you. It includes in particular your name, e-mail address, address and telephone number.
1.3 EMAG is committed to protecting your personal data and in particular to preserving your privacy when this data is processed and used. Personal data is collected, processed and used in accordance with the relevant provisions of legislation including in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the German Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz, TMG) and the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz, BDSG).
2. Automated data collection and processing by the App
2.1 When the App is used, the following information is automatically and temporarily saved in server log files:
- IP address of the requesting device
- the file requested by the device
- the HTTP response code
- the time of the request
- the operating system used by the requesting device
2.2 In addition, the time of the logon and the time any request is sent are stored together with the ID of the user in a separate log file.
If you use video calling, we will store the time of the call, your user ID, the user ID of your EMAG contact and the duration of the call. This data will be used to analyze your use of the support services provided by our support personnel.
Other analyses are carried out for administrative purposes only, in particular in order to prevent misuse of the App and the services offered through the App. No further use is made of the data. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(b) or Article 6(1)(f) GDPR, as the case may be.
3. Collection and processing of data provided on a voluntary basis
3.1 In general, personal data you provide to EMAG via the App (surname, first name, e-mail address, telephone number, job title, password) is given on a voluntary basis. This data will be used to manage the user relationship and process your requests. No further use of the data is made for advertising, market research or opinion polling purposes. We will erase the data once storage is no longer required, or restrict processing of the data if statutory retention requirements apply. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(b) GDPR or Article 6(1)(f) GDPR.
3.2. You can grant EMAG permission to access a machine for remote diagnostic purposes. There is a separate user role for EMAG which it can use to access the machine remotely. No personal data that may be stored on the machine will be transmitted to EMAG.
4. Transmission of data to third parties
As a rule, none of the personal data that you communicate to us will be transmitted to third parties, except
- if you consent to such transmission. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(a) GDPR;
- depending on the nature of your inquiry, your personal data can be transmitted to and processed by the following companies for the purpose of responding to your inquiry: EMAG Salach GmbH, EMAG Systems GmbH, EMAG Maschinenfabrik GmbH, EMAG Leipzig Maschinenfabrik GmbH, EMAG Automation GmbH, EMAG ECM GmbH, EMAG Zerbst Maschinenfabrik GmbH, Z-Blech Blechverarbeitung & Montage Zerbst GmbH, EMAG KOEPFER GmbH, EMAG MILANO Srl., EMAG L.L.C., EMAG ELDEC Induction GmbH, EMAG (China) Machinery Co. Ltd., EMAG KOREA Ltd., Maquinaria EMAG Mexico S de RL de CV, EMAG do Brasil Maquinas, Ferramentas, Comercio e Servicos Ltda., TAKAMAZ-EMAG Co. Ltd. – Japan, EMAG INDIA Pvt. Ltd. – Bangalore, EMAG (China) Machinery Co., Ltd Taicang Branch, EMAG (Chongqing) Machinery Co., Ltd, EMAG OOO – Moscow, EMAG UK Ltd., eldec L.L.C. These companies will only be provided with the data needed to respond to your inquiry and will only use it for that purpose. The legal basis for this is Article 6(1)(b) GDPR and, if data is transferred to third countries, Article 49(1)(b) and (c) GDPR;
- to service providers for the purpose of order data processing, subject to the BDSG or the GDPR or
- for the purpose of compliance with legal obligations, to parties entitled to receive it in accordance with Article 6(1)(c) GDPR.
5. Duration of storage
Your data will be stored for no longer than is necessary for the purpose of the existing contractual relationship, unless you have consented to further processing or we have a legitimate interest in further processing. In these cases, we will process your data until you withdraw your consent or you object to processing on the basis of our legitimate interests. Notwithstanding this, we are required under commercial and tax law to retain your address and your payment and order data for a period of ten years.
6. Your rights
6.1 You have the following rights in relation to us: the right of access, rights to rectification, data portability, erasure and restriction of processing, and the right to object to processing. You are welcome to contact our customer service team at any time at EMAG GmbH & Co. KG, Austraße 24, D-73084 Salach, Germany, or by e-mail at: service.serviceplusappnoSpam@emag.com. If you have any questions, comments or complaints, you can also contact our data protection officer at any time by e-mail at datenschutznoSpam@emag.com.
6.2 You also have the right to lodge a complaint regarding the processing carried out by us with a data protection supervisory authority. The supervisory authority with responsibility for us is the Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit Baden-Württemberg, 70025 Stuttgart, tel. +49 711 6155 410, poststellenoSpam@lfdi.bwl.de.